We are very fortunate to have a very skilled team of staff. We do not just employ teachers. Among our team of staff we have :
• Teachers – some of whom are general subject teachers able to teach a wide range of subjects and some of whom are specialists.
• Learning Facilitators – these are key skilled roles that support the teaching and learning of pupils both in and outside of the classroom environment. They work with individual pupils, groups of pupils and whole classes.
• Mentors and Therapeutic Staff – we employ a number of mentors and our own therapy staff. These staff offer a wide range of strategies and interventions aimed at improving personal development skills. They work with pupils delivering a wide range of strategies and interventions, including play therapy, art therapy, cognitive behaviour therapy, mentoring and peer mentoring programmes, friendship programmes, anxiety and stress management programmes, anger management, building resilience, independent living skills, thinking skills, yoga, relaxation, massage and aromatherapy – to mention but a few! Our mentors also work with families.
•Youth Education – we have directly employed staff from a youth work background who are skilled in youth work, so that we are able to better understand the needs of young people and form meaningful relationships that lead to accelerated progress. These staff are often very successful in re-engaging reluctant learners in school life and rapidly building trust.
• Attendance Improvement Officer – we have a member of staff who is dedicated to monitoring attendance of pupils and providing support and advice to improve attendance at school. Our attendance officer works with pupils in school, with parents and with the Council’s attendance team. They work closely with our mentors and outside agencies in order to tackle the root causes of poor attendance.
• Commissioned / Traded Staff – we also buy in additional specialist staff from the Local Authority. These include additional time from an Educational Psychologist, Specialist Learning Support Teacher and Personal Advisor. These staff work alongside Meadow Park staff to assess the needs of pupils and help put together tailored plans, they work directly with pupils and also provide professional advice and guidance to our staff in order to meet the wide range of needs we cater for.
All of our staff deliver a range of learning experiences aimed at making sure that our pupils can reach their full potential, both educationally and socially. They are a dedicated team and their work is not restricted to the school day. We offer a range of services / activities outside of the school day and in school holidays as part of our enrichment and after school activities programme.
We really do go that ‘extra mile.’