ATTENDANCE-PARENT/CARERS RESPONSIBILITIES WHAT TO DO IF YOUR CHILD IS ABSENT
- Contact the main office on 0151 477 8100 and select the attendance line.
- Contact on the first day of absence and every following day until they return.
- When your child returns please send them in with a note explaining the reason for absence.
- If appropriate please provide a medical note or appointment card.
- If we do not have a reason for absence your child will receive an unauthorised mark (0)
- There are sanctions in place in school for unexplained and unauthorised absences.
- Unauthorised absences can result in action from the School Attendance Service including fines and possible court action.
- In the event of an unexplained absence, you will be informed automatically by a text /telephone call -this communication is a vital part of our commitment to the safety of your child.
- In order for the system to be effective, we must have an up-to-date telephone number to contact you during the school day.
- Please ensure you notify school of any changes to your contact details (particularly mobile phone numbers) as soon as possible.
- It is vital that your child is in registration, in order to avoid an unnecessary call from the Attendance Officer.
SCHOOL STARTS PROMPTLY AT 8.40AM. THERE ARE SANCTIONS IN PLACE AT SCHOOL FOR LATENESS.